Monday, January 31, 2011

day 06: my day

so... I know I am supposed to tell you all about my day today, but instead I am going to tell you about my weekend. Because my weekend was a WHOLE lot more interesting than my day was.

On Friday night, I went shopping with my friends, Autumn and Lauren. We went to a really nice mall, and I ended up spending a lot more money than I had planned. The up side is I have a few more cute things to add to my wardrobe!

On Saturday, My mom, little sister Faith, and Jeremy's parents came up to Valley Forge in the morning. They picked Jeremy and I up and took us to a family friend's house in New Jersey. The oldest son of the family, Joshua, is one of Faith's best friends, but we didn't tell Josh that Faith was coming. So when we got there, Josh was completely surprised and happy to see that Faith was in the car!

After all the craziness of the surprise, we ate lunch and went to their back yard to sled. Now, normally for sledding, you need a little slope to go down, but this "slope" was more like jumping off the side of a mountain. There were trees on all sides of the little sledding path. and I was terrified of ramming into one of them on my way down. Needless to say, I went down once then went inside. It was definitely more fun watching the others sled than actually doing it myself.

Then after chilling inside and playing a game of sorry (which, by the way, I won), we drove off to Hoboken to go to Carlo's bakery. This decision was greatly influenced by Jeremy who is sort of obsessed with the show Cake Boss. When we finally got there, Jeremy was pretty excited as were all of us. But the excitement died down after waiting in the cold for like an hour. Though once we were finally inside, we knew the wait was worth it! Everything looked so great! It was hard to decide what to get, but I eventually decided to get a cannoli, and boy was that the best decision I have ever made. It was delicious! Anyway, after the bakery, we walked to our cars. It was snowing, and it was just gorgeous and perfect like being in a movie.


After driving back to our friends house, we ate pizza, watched a movie, ate dessert, and headed back to Valley Forge Pennsylvania where we stayed at a hotel. 

Then on Sunday morning, I went to breakfast with my mom and Faith. It took us forever to find a place to eat, but we eventually stumbled upon this coffee place called Saxby's. It ended up being absolutely delicious and an adorable place.

my little sister is so beautiful!
adorable coffee place
yummy cinnamon bun and coffee
Then after a few hours of grocery shopping, we went back to my school and said our goodbyes :( it was such a wonderful weekend! I love my family and Jeremy's family so very much! And I had such an amazing time with them :)

4 comments:

  1. loveee you!!! and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful awesome weekend! Thank you Hope for spending it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you both so much! i wish i could relive this weekend over and over and over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That sounds like a wonderful weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Hope. I look forward to following! :)

    ReplyDelete