Tuesday, January 25, 2011

day 03 – my parents

my parents... are great. I love them. I do not know what I would do without them. I have the best parents in the whole universe!

these are some of the best memories


Lets start with my momma. I love her. She is the single greatest example of a godly woman that I have ever seen. She is patient. She is kind to people. She knows when to say something and when not to say something. She is a true Proverbs 31 woman. Throughout my life, my mom and I have been semi close, but in just the past two years, we have grown to be closer as a mother-daugther relationship and as a friendship. She has been with me every step I have taken, and she has continued to encourage me to look for God's plan in my life. I do not know what I would do without her. She is that person I call when I feel bad. She is the first person I call when I have a cooking problem (she is the best cook on earth). She is the first person I call when I have a medical question (she used to be a nurse). Basically, I call her when anything happens because she knows practically everything! She is the greatest at giving advice, and I could go on and on all day about all the things I love about my mom. But the basic thing is that I love her so much and could not have asked for a better mother and friend. I love you, momma!

Dad is always hungry.  Beware! He will eat your left overs.
Now to my daddy. He is amazing. Throughout my life, he (along with my mom) have shown me a wonderful example of how a marriage relationship should look like. He loves my mom with everything. He treats her like a princess and even caves to what she wants most of the time :) Basically, my dad has shown me what to look for in a man. Besides that, my dad has been that person that I can have really long political or theological debates with. He challenges me to think for myself. He has made sure that I was picked on at least once a day because I didn't have a brother. He is sometimes very insensitive and makes me cry, but he always always always apologizes by coming up to my room, giving me a hug, and talking it through. Besides being an amazing father, my dad is the best preacher I have ever heard. God has really given him a gift of communication. Even though my dad gets really busy with all the church stuff, he has never neglected me, my mom, or my sisters. He always makes time for family time. And for that I am very thankful. I love my dad so very much.

There is so much more I could say about both of my parents. But this is good for now :) The main thing is that I am more than thankful for all the things they have taught me and are still teaching me. I am thankful for their unconditional love. And I am thankful to God for giving me the best parents!

I love you mom and dad! :)

2 comments: