Sunday, January 23, 2011

day 02: my first love

my first love...we probably met about 15 years ago at our old church. My first vivid memory of him was the first day of high school. He was a sophomore. I was a freshman. It was both of our first times being at that high school. I was so nervous and anxious about the start of my four year experience as a high schooler. There were so many thoughts going through my head, but boys were not one of those thoughts.

His older sister and my older sister were friends. Every morning, we would arrive at school, and my sister and his sister would walk around together, leaving him alone with me. So we walked around too, just talking about everyday things. Then after about two months, (on December 8, 2006), he told me he liked me while walking me to class. The rest of that day was a blur. I definitely could not tell you what I learned that day or anything because I was just so happy that the cutest boy in the whole school and in my whole church just told me he liked me.

Then, I was just waiting for the time he would ask me out. I thought to myself, "If he likes me, then why not just ask me out?" Well, there was a bit more to it than that. This boy had to ask my dad for permission to date me. My dad, our youth pastor, was a little bit intimidating and very respected. So it took this boy a few months to work up the courage and confidence to ask my dad, but he finally did! Then, on April 20, 2007, this handsome boy asked me if I would be his girlfriend.

I was beyond happy. So then we dated... And after three years and 9 months, we are still dating. Everyday is such an adventure. I learn new things about him all the time. I know most of his strengths. And believe me, I know most of his weaknesses. But I still love him :)

1 comment: