Monday, February 14, 2011

day 08: a moment


For the past few weeks, I have been attending a bible study that takes place on my hall. During the bible study, us girls share our thoughts and secrets to each other. And we have all learned to love the moment where we share a secret or personal thought and hear "ME TOO!" as a response from one or more of the other girls.

It is that moment when you realize that you are NORMAL. You are not alone in what you think. You are not alone in what you do. It is a great feeling just to know that you are not the only one.

It is amazing how many thoughts and feelings we hold inside of us because we are afraid of what others will think. But really most other girls are struggling with the same things or are thinking the same things! I know in the past I have struggled with some things that I at first held completely inside, but finally when I shared it with someone, that someone was struggling with the same thing I was! That was a beautiful moment.

After that experience, I have grown to love the "me too" moments, and it has greatly encouraged me to open up and be myself even when I feel like no one is the same. Because chances are there are others who feel, think, and do the same things as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment