Sunday, October 2, 2011

Life's what you make it.

So I know as you read the title, many of you, as I did, will have a certain irritating song stuck in your head. But really, Hannah Montana has a point.

I go to a Christian college where there is really not much to do. ever. Last year, I sat around complaining the entire time about how there was nothing to do and wishing I was somewhere else. Well, this year, I will not let my time go to waste. I am going to make this year worth it!

How am I going to do this you may ask? Well, I, along with my friends, compiled a giant list of fun things to do on weekends. We are going to print out this list and cut each item into a little strip of paper, fold each one up, and put them in a big mason jar. During the week while we are complaining of nothing fun to do, we will plan our weekend by picking out an activity from the jar and completing it.

In that jar, there are things like pranking our guy friends, movie nights under a fort, road trips to Philly, laser tag, coffee dates, and board game nights. I am so excited to complete them!

But the point is, life is really what you make of it. If you sit around in your room all day, you will obviously be bored. But if you get out and really try to make something of your day, you will most likely have fun, and that is what I want to do with every moment, with my day, and with my year!

So now that you have heard my little spiel... I think that I am going to start a new challenge because the 30 day challenge just wasn't working out... So every time my friends and I complete one of the activities on the list, I will blog about the experience and post pictures! Hopefully I can stick with it this time :)

3 comments:

  1. Hope! Look at you :). I am so happy that you are choosing to live optimistically and making your college experience a good one. So inspiring :). Please post stories and pictures!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was literally JUST THINKING the other day how I wish I could be reading your blog since I don't get to talk to you often! I miss you so much!

    And this is a great blog idea! Yay for roadtrips to Philly and coffee dates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I am so excited for all the fun weekends to come!! :D

    ReplyDelete